Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome to My New Blog :)

As some of you may know, I recently started writing for Examiner.com as a "Philly New Mom." I have been wanting to write more seriously and I came across the Examiner opportunity on careerbuilder.com. It was a good experience because it helped me realize exactly what I want - and don't want - from a writing gig. The Examiner is really looking for reporters - people to investigate stories, get new information, survey the local population, etc. I, on the hand, am looking for a forum to voice my thoughts, feelings and observations on being a new mom. The Examiner requires that their writers write objectively in the third person - a perfectly legitimate requirement for a news source. I am much more interested in writing in the first person. I want to share my knowledge, discuss everything I'm learning along the way and maybe even provide some advice when I think I have some to put out there.

I am very grateful for my brief stint as an Examiner. It got me more active on twitter, helped me discover that there is a world of mom bloggers out there and made me realize that I'm really excited about this as a writing opportunity. And so, I have left my post as an Examiner and have created this blog to share with anyone who's interested in reading. I plan to post both personal experiences and general parenting thoughts as well as continuing to recommend helpful parenting info in the Philly area.

More to come soon. Hope you'll come back and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment